Friday, July 24, 2009

Chicken Souvlaki Dinner for Breakfast??????

Yesterday morning I decided to change it up a bit and walked to work via the underground concourse in the financial district. It was a typical walk. Head slightly cocked down to express to all passers-by how tired I was and eyes up.. so I wouldn't bump into anything. Typical walk until I got to the BCE Place Foodcourt, that is.


For those of you that don't know, there's a Jimmy the Greek in that foodcourt. I didn't know that. Never been there.

It is your standard Jimmy the Greek.

But this one was open. At 7:45am!!!! What the? What is going on, I thought. They must just be getting ready for the day, right? Cutting lettuce, roasting potatoes, tending to the gyros (what kind of meat is that anyway??). Right?... It was at that moment that I noticed a white speck in my periphery. Could it be?? Holy %$#!@.. some guy was actually at the cash buying something! He had the standard Jimmy the Greek styrofoam container in his hand. What was he buying? Can you eat chicken souvlaki for breakfast??

My life hasn't been the same since.

No comments:

Post a Comment