Saturday, September 12, 2009

Summer

Last Monday, while I was putting my white slacks and matching loafers in storage, I started to reflect on this past summer. Did we even have one?? I can't recall a single stretch where it actually felt like summer. More like a long spring..... Case in point, I did not water the lawn once this summer and my grass is still green (no lie). I turned on the air conditioner twice in the car and once at home and even then it wasn't absolutely necessary. Again, no lie.

I did not once smell summer. And because of that, I am supremely bummed right now. Although I will likely get over the disappointment of a lost summer, I am nervous that without the recharge from the long hot months I may not make it through the wicked winter. The only saving grace is that I have a few memories from a short trip I took a few weeks back. I will likely have to rely on those 10 days to get me through whatever mother nature throws at us in the coming months.... I just hope it is enough.

On a totally unrelated topic, our apologies for not keeping up with our posts. As a group I think some of us have been a bit uninspired lately, I know I have been. Others (I won't name names) have been sidelined with injuries suffered while gathering material for a food review. Still. No excuses. We will make an effort in the coming days to start posting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment